Could you save money by being on a water meter?
Do you live alone, not use much water, or are you looking to reduce your bill? You might save money by having a water meter installed.
Why switch to a water meter?
- You could save money (the less water you use, the lower your bill will be!)
- We’ll install it free of charge (for households only)
- It helps reduce your carbon footprint (households with meters tend to use less water)
- You can switch back to your unmeasured charge at any time up to 2 years from the date the meter was installed*.
*This option is only available to customers who have switched from unmeasured to a metered supply. If you move into a property which already has a meter, this option is not available.
Use our meter estimation calculator to see if you could switch and save.
Unsure if a meter is for you?
Before you decide, you can use our meter estimation calculator below to see roughly what we'd expect your bill to be if you were on a meter. We'll ask you some questions and then estimate your charges. This may help you decide if a meter is right for you.
Our measured charges
Measured charges are based on a fixed service charge plus how much water you use.
If you decide to switch to a water meter, we'll send you a bill every six months..
Find out more about measured charges here.
Complete our online application form by clicking the button below. We’ll install a meter within 3 months of receiving your application (where practical to do so).
We will contact you to arrange an appointment to visit your property.
We will visit to check if a meter can be fitted.
- If we can fit the meter the first day we visit, we’ll do so
- If we can’t fit a meter the first day we visit we’ll let you know why we need to call again
- If we can’t fit a meter but you may be able to do some work to allow us to fit a meter (e.g. install an internal stop tap, expose some pipe work) , we’ll ask you to do the work and call again to fit the meter once done
- If we can’t fit a meter at all, no work will make it possible to do so, we’ll tell you why and we may place you on our Assessed Measured Charge
You will need to continue to pay your charges until the bill is installed.
Within a month of the meter being installed, we’ll update your water account and we’ll send you details all about it and if we’ve revised any payment plan or if there’s a refund coming to you.